Gilpin County Middle School and Gilpin County High School
The Gilpin County Undivided High School consists of the Gilpin County Middle School (GCMS) and Gilpin County High School (GCHS). At Gilpin Schools we believe in the safety, active engagement, and academic success of all our students. We are a unique mountain school with a lot to offer. Gilpin is based on the premise that all students can learn, and it is our job as educators to facilitate that learning. Our purpose at Gilpin Schools is to prepare students for college and/or the workforce. We strive to uncover student potential and inspire to motivate and engage our students.
Students at Gilpin operate in an atmosphere of student ownership where student centered classrooms are a priority. The Gilpin teaching staff is committed to be the best at what we do by continuing their learning. An important aspect of Gilpin Schools is the small class size and relationships established among teachers, students, and families. It is our belief that it must be a cooperative effort between all these entities to allow for each student to reach his/her potential.
At the Gilpin County Secondary Schools:
- Students experience individualized instruction and small class sizes.
- Students are issued a Chromebook and 21st century learning skills are incorporated in their daily learning.
- A 6th grade Outdoor Education Experience through YMCA of the Rockies
- STEM preparation through flipped classrooms in Math and Science
- Advanced Placement courses offered in all core content areas
- Dual enrollment college courses
- Student led writing center following the model of Regis University
- Opportunity for vocational programs through Warren Tech
- Students are able to enroll in the AVID (Advancement Through Individual Determination) program.
- Students are an active participant in their education.
- Students have an opportunity to participate in a variety of extracurricular activities:
- Athletic Department including football, volleyball, cheerleading, wrestling, basketball, track, baseball, and more
- Arts Programs including drama productions, art club, and strong vocal and instrumental music programs
- Snow Dodgers ski club
- National Honor Society and Interact Club
- Student Council
- Junior Achievement