The Gilpin Montessori Program at Gilpin County Schools is separate elementary school track that serves children from Pre-K through 5th grade. The Montessori Program is built around the core philosophy of Maria Montessori.
- Each child is taught individually and in small groups within a structured environment.
- Children have the unique opportunity to fulfill their potential.
- Children work at their own pace and at their own level of interest and ability.
- Multi-age, multi-grade classrooms encourage peer group learning.
- Core beliefs include respect for oneself, each other, and the environment.
The Montessori teacher observes and guides each child on a daily basis and determines when each is ready to move on to the next level. The teacher then introduces new concepts and encourages the child to practice and make further discoveries on his or her own. Children are born with the desire to learn.
With guidance, each child is continually challenged and encouraged to learn.
For more information on the Montessori Program at Gilpin County, please go to the Gilpin County Montessori website.
Also check out the Montessori Parent Resources.